My first act in my postgrad life was to drive to salt lake city BY MySELF!!!! For those who don't know I have never driven to another city by myself before, so it was a pretty big deal. The reason for this is because my car is an unstable ticking death trap and one wrong move and I will literally implode. Yes, LITERALLY. When I can reach out my arm and put the palm of my hand on the passenger window without leaning, when there is less than two inches from my head to the top of my car and probably 5 inches from my feet and the pavement, yeah I would definitely die.
Destination: West Jordan: Linford residence. Seeing Christie is always a treat. Christie and I cough::suffered::cough through the nursing program together. After giving each other a bed bath on our first lab and shots in each others butts, well lets just say we're pretty tight.
Apparently there is this magical lake where everyone brings their Labradors and they play fetch in sweat blissful happiness. If I had know about this magical place, my permanent residence would have been Salt Lake City a loooong time ago.
So what do two college educated individuals talk about before/on a beautiful hike?
Christie: You're wearing a gray shirt? I wore a gray shirt last time and I pitted out like none other.
Me: Sweet. Wear is again and we'll have a sweaty pit contest.
Christie: ...eehhh I haven't washed it yet.
Me: Who cares, you haven't showered in 3 days.
Christie: Good point. You're on! (in her defense her shower had been broken for a few days)
This is Christie's hot Top Model pit pic. She wins.
Then it's off to Texas Road House. I stuff my face with an over-sized burger and Christie gets asked out by the awkward waiter. That's pretty much a typical nigh for both of us.
And how do you finish off a day like this? You hit a nickel arcade, and you hit it hard.
And hard we did. We have the best friend bracelets to prove it. They cost an arm and a leg. Not in money, but in sweat and perseverance.
The End.
I know Las Vegas may not seem as exciting as killing roosters, roaming the hillsides of Idaho, or life at BYUI, but give it a chance, some people actually love it here!
ReplyDelete