Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Today a customer asked me if I was the manager.

Today a customer asked me if I was the manager. I can see how they would make that mistake.

One of the worst things that could happen at my job happened today- a customer asked me a question. While I was taking stalk of all the PS3 games (joy) a guy asked me if I could help, my heart skipped a beat, my blood pressure spiked and then plumeted and I waited in horror at what absurd technical mumbo jumbo question that was about to come out of his mouth,but by the grace of God he asked where the strategy guides were and we happened to be standing about 8 inches from the end-cap full of them.

Then later it happened again. While I was stocking DVDs an elderly customer asked for assistance.
Customer: "excuse me mam, can you help me?"
me: (shudder) "Of course! How can I help you"
Customer: "Where is your software?"
me: (...software..computer, gaming?) "OK, what kind of software?"
Customer: Email
me: (email has software?) "Um, computers are in the back"

Heaven help me.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to conjure up the most technical, confounding, nerd-worthy question I can think of and then go to Vegas Best Buy and ask it of your tushie. Oh P.S. I saw two of your cohorts in the grocery store yesterday...all fraternizing and what not in their blue polos (which apparently means they are pros). I thought of you and smiled.

    ReplyDelete